News & Events
Enjoy our selection of true stories
We are hiring! Foundation Coordinator needed…
It is a hugely exciting time for our Foundation as we are now looking to recruit our first new team member to work with our Foundation Manager.
To support the continued growth and development of the foundation, we are now looking for a Part-time Foundation Coordinator (22.5 hours per week, flexible) to support the Foundation Manager in growing our income generation and grant making programmes, with a focus on fundraising and events.
This exciting role offers a rare opportunity to work across both fundraising and grant making and is a great role for anyone with an interest in developing a career in the charity sector. Working across multiple projects, you will be dealing with a wide range of stakeholders from across McCarthy Stone as well as suppliers, homeowners, and charitable causes.
- Monitoring and managing communications, dealing with enquiries from within and outside McCarthy Stone
- Supporting the internal and external communications for the foundation, including the production and distribution of foundation literature, print and digital, to drive engagement and support
- Administering and updating the CRM system
- Ensuring the accurate and timely administration of the fundraising and grant making programmes
- Stewardship of foundation supporters and grant recipients
- Supporting with events planning and management
- Processing of payments, reconciling transactions and accounting
- Assisting with the annual reporting and any other aspects of governance and compliance as required
- Supporting the preparation of trustee board papers, including distributing agendas, recording minutes, and ensuring all meetings are diarised
- Deputising for and/or supporting the Foundation Manager
- Assisting the Foundation Manager or Trustees with any other tasks that may reasonably be required.
This is a flexible, hybrid role which includes remote working as well as approx. 1 day a week in our Head Office in Bournemouth. The role will also include travel to events.
That’s the official description of the role, but this really is an exciting opportunity that will be busy, challenging, diverse and a great introduction to anyone looking to move into a role that bridges both the fundraising and the funding sides of the charity sector. There will be loads of learning, plenty of autonomy, some travel to events, and you’ll be working closely with the Foundation Manager, to get a real insight into all aspects of charity governance and operations.
We can help you to develop the skills, but you will need to bring your own brand of positivity, energy, and a can-do approach to things. If you’re interested and keen to apply then you can do so here (where you can also find all the details about the role, including salary, hours, benefits etc).